Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Friday, August 22, 2008

I got nuthin'

Well, I might have something, but I don't feel like working. As I head for CT for a couple of days, please read this by finance columnist Paul B. Farrell. Or as Country Joe put it, "Come on wall street don't be slow, why man this war is a go-go, there's plenty good money to be made by supplying the army with the tools of its trade."

In public health news, there's been a bit of a spike in measles cases in the U.S. -- still just 131 so far this year but that's a big jump. The reason is that parents are refusing to have their kids vaccinated. A big part of the responsibility goes to execrable upper class twit Robert Kennedy Jr., who traded on his dead father's reputation to make a name for himself by accusing hundreds of physicians, biomedical researchers and public servants throughout the world of engaging in a conspiracy to make children autistic, because, because - oh, just because they could. That this charlatan continues to be accepted as some sort of spokesperson for progressive ideals is just another blot on our shallow, celebrity obsessed culture. Oh yeah, NRDC -- you need to fire this clown, your own reputation is at stake.

Finally, yeah, I admit it, I own two houses, or at least I'm borrowing them from the bank. But at least I know the number.

No comments: