Map of life expectancy at birth from Global Education Project.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day photo blogging

So, people want to see pictures of my property in Connecticut. Here's one view of the house, with my tractor for local color. There will be a deck -- soon I hope -- in the space in front of the door. (Click the thumbs for full-size images.)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I wish this was my farm but it belongs to my friend Festus, who I've written about many times. Just to give you some of the local color. (That's not his house, it's an outbuilding. He did build his own house in a rustic style, but it's actually pretty nice.)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And finally -- one time only -- here's YT. I very seldom wear a necktie, but I figured for my introduction to the readership something a bit formal was appropriate.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

With that, I'll leave you with my public health thought for the day, which is that no matter how hard you pray, no matter what you tell your children not to do, and no matter how disgusted you are personally by human nature, we are what we are, and we do what we do, and you just need to get over it.

No comments: